Thursday, March 12, 2015

Style: Beach House / Cottage

I grew up going to the beach every summer to my 100 year old little beach house that has been in the family since the Great Depression. After Hurricane Sandy hit, we took the opportunity to put our own style stamp on the place and get rid of the pastel patchwork curtains. After several trips to IKEA, we made the house truly our own.  Beach house / cottage interior design style is so relaxing, calming and simple. Little seashell, driftwood, sea glass and ocean details give the place charm. I love the wooden pillars, open doors, huge windows, white wooden walls, sea blue accents, cozy couches, wrap around porches, swinging benches and white beach chairs. Here are some photos I've collected of beach houses I love!
















No comments:

Post a Comment