Sunday, May 3, 2015

Inspiration: Erin Hanson (The Poetic Underground)


Erin Hanson is a 19 year old Australian poet who became famous through her website The Poetic Underground, which she launched in 2011. She has published two books of her poetry, which I am dying to get my hands on, as well as set up a service where she writes and sends personalized poetry to people all over the world. Poetry and I have a love hate relationship. There are poems I despise, and poems that I can truly connect to, that touch my soul. Hanson's poems do just that. Her poetry often uses everyday items and concepts to create metaphors that reveal great truths about life, love and our society, themes which are often hard to talk about in day to day conversation. Here are some of my favorite poems by her.






6 comments:

  1. why don't you do her for your poetry project silly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am silly keandog approved the other day

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes if you check out her amazing books you can find a table of contents there are all the names but the highlighted quotes do not, her books are called the Poetic Underground and i own all of them myself

      Delete
  3. Is she going to any poetry meetings soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poems. I would like to cite the one over the mirror in INMANENCIA, Revista del HIGA Eva Perón.
    How may I obtain permission?
    JLManrique Co- Director, INMANENCIA jmanrique@intramed.net - jlmanrique48@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete